The JSCPA is a professional organization of the Certified Pension Actuaries who are engaged in pension actuarial business for the Employees' Pension Funds ("EPF"), the National Pension Funds ("NPF") and Defined Benefit Corporate Pension Plan ("DBCPP"). Its purpose and mission are as follows.
The purpose of the Society is to take necessary steps to develop CPA's qualifications, to maintain their professionalism as well as to improve pension actuarial services in order to support and improve the financial soundness of EPFs, NPFs and DBCPPs.
- To establish, revise, and abolish standards of practice, etc. necessary to engage in services concerning the financial management of Employees’ Pension Funds and Defined Benefit Corporate Pension Plans;
- To establish, revise, and abolish standards of practice, etc. necessary to engage in services concerning retirement benefit accounting;
- To establish, revise, and abolish a code of conduct to uphold the integrity of members;
- To conduct research and study to progressively improve pension actuarial services;
- To engage in activities for training and education to enhance the skill levels of members and to progressively improve pension actuarial services;
- To conduct skill tests to determine the satisfaction of membership requirements;
- To administer materials relating to the register of Certified Pension Actuaries;
- To transmit information such as by issuing and publishing Society bulletins, public-relations periodicals, and other publications; and
- To engage in any activities necessary to accomplish the purpose provided for in the preceding article other than those activities stated in each of the preceding items.
The Society has been conducting various activities that contribute to the sound and efficient operations and further development of the EPFs, NPFs and DBCPPs. Such activities include submitting proposals and opinions to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare ("MHLW"), establishing actuarial standards and holding seminars as follows.
Proposals and Opinions
Proposals and Opnions
The latest examples
|・January 10, 2013||Opinion which JSCPA released in the 5th special committee about employees’pension funds.|
|・November 9, 2012||Opinion of the Special Committee on the financial management of corporate pension plan etc.:|
About the minimum reserve of employees’pension funds
|・October 21, 2011||Opinion submitted to the public comment about the standard of financial management.|
|・May 31, 2010||Comments to the proposal of the accounting standards about retirement benefits,etc.|
Establishment of Actuarial Standards
Establishment of actuarial standards for conducting actuarial business
- Establishment /amendment of "Standards of practice for financial management of EPF"
- Establishment /amendment of "Actuarial standards of practice for DBCPPs"
- Establishment/amendment of "Standards of practice for retirement benefit accounting"
Research and Report
- Publication of JSCPA report
- Collection of documents and books about pension programs
- Research and report on pension programs.
Training and Public Relations
- Holding seminars on practical matters
- Opening courses of e-learning
- Assisting voluntary panels about pension mathematics etc.
- Publication of "Journal of Certified Pension Actuaries"(Japanese)
- Effective usage of homepage
- Publication of "Corporate Pension Plans in Japan"
- Being a full member of IAA (The International Actuarial Association) since September 19, 1999)
- Submission of opinions to international organizations
- Participation in international congresses
- Researching and reporting of the trends of overseas pensions
- Holding of intercommunion meetings with foreign specialists residing in Tokyo
- Implementation of skill tests to determine the satisfaction of membership requirements
- Establishment of "Pension actuarial mathematic course" at a graduate schools
- Publication of books related to corporate pension plan
- Invitation of articles about pension